1 Family, 2 Weeks, 3 Peaks

Saturday 26 March 2011

Family Training Walk #1




Well, today the Sh'Emmetts began the family training and what a day to begin on! It was so sunny we couldn't have wished for a better day to begin our walking training. We climbed up to reservoir above Scalloway and then up and along the ridge that looks over Tingwall and down to Scalloway. James carried Esme and she seemed to enjoy herself! My new walking boots turned out to be a good buy and despite walking through numerous peat bogs they didn't leak once which is brilliant - my last pair leaked all the time! We saw quite a few Arctic Hares as well, they stand out against the heather perfectly, but they are very fast and trying to get a good picture of them is not easy, as I found out! I honestly thought that I would find walking on the heather harder going but actually it wasn't too bad once I got used to it and the view at the top was worth it. I have to say our first outing was a complete success and we are feeling very proud of ourselves. It wasn't the hardest of walks but it was a good place to start. Off out to scale Clate hill on Whalsay with the dogs tomorrow - need to keep using the muscles so that they don't seize up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home